- Shreyas’s poster “Nanotechnology-based Approaches to Control Stem Cell Neuro-Differentiation” has won Theodore E. Madey Award for Best Student Poster Presentation at LSM symposium.
- Birju has won Spring 2014 Reid Award.
- Shreyas has won Spring 2014 Van Dyke Award.
- Birju has won Fall 2013 Duff Award.
- Prasad successfully defends his Ph.D thesis. Congrats Dr. Subramaniam!
- Shreyas’ Manuscript Published in Advanced Materials: “Guiding Stem Cell Differentiation into Oligodendrocytes Using Graphene-Nanofiber Hybrid Scaffolds”, Advanced Materials, 2014
- Thiers and Nick’s Manuscript (collaboration with Dr. Zucolotto) Accepted in ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces: “A detailed investigation on the interactions between magnetic nanoparticles and cell membrane models”, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2013
- Shreyas, Ani, and Pijus’s Manuscript Published in J. Am. Chem. Soc.: “Single Vehicular Delivery of siRNA and Small Molecules to Control Stem Cell Differentiation”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2013
- Tae-Hyung’s Manuscript Published in Biomaterials: “3D Graphene Oxide-encapsulated Gold Nanoparticles to Detect Neural Stem Cell Differentiation”, Biomaterials, 2013
- Perry and Tae-Hyung’s Manuscript Published in Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys.: “Prospects for Graphene-Nanoparticle-Based Hybrid Sensors”, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2013
- Perry’s Book Chapter Published in Nanomedicine: “Biomimetic Toxin-Absorbing Nanosponge”, Nanomedicine, 2013
- Ani and Dean’s Manuscript Published in Advanced Materials:
“Axonal Alignment and Enhanced Neuronal Differentiation of Neural Stem Cells on Graphene-Nanoparticle Hybrid Structures”, Advanced Materials, 2013
- Birju and Perry’s Manuscript Published in Angewandte Chemie:
“Multimodal magnetic core-shell nanoparticles for effective stem cell differentiation and imaging”, Angewandte Chemie, 2013
- Prof. Lee’s Collaboration Manuscript Published in Environ. Sci. Technol.:
“Impacts of a Nanosized Ceria Additive on Diesel Engine Emissions of Particulate and Gaseous Pollutants”, Environ. Sci. Technol., 2013
- Prof. Lee’s Collaboration Manuscript Published in Advances in Colloid and Interface Science:
“Exocytosis of Nanoparticles from Cells: Role in Cellular Retention and Toxicity”, Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 2013