Chemist – Synthetic Organic Chemistry(B.S.)
Next Energy Technologies (NEXT) is looking for entry level chemists to join our organic synthesis team. We are seeking highly motivated new graduates who are excited at the prospect of carrying out multi-step organic synthesis in an R&D setting. NEXT is a startup developing game-changing semi-transparent photovoltaic windows. Successful applicants can expect exceptional opportunities and an exciting work environment where passion, teamwork, and results are core values. Previous experience in a research lab is highly desired but not required.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Basic Job Functions: Organic Chemistry
- Execute multi-step synthesis under the supervision of senior leaders, frequently requiring the use of air-free techniques.
- Organic compound purification via column chromatography, distillation, etc.
- Characterization of intermediates and final compounds by NMR, mass spectrometry, and other techniques as required.
- Preparation and presentation of weekly reports summarizing progress and future work.
- Basic lab maintenance and upkeep.
- B.S. (B.Sc.) in Chemistry.
- LOVES organic chemistry.
- Strong desire to work in an innovative research setting.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be comfortable working with up to 3L of organic solvent.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to follow directions closely.
- Must be able to work safely.
- Must be hands on.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Salary/Benefits: Competitive salary with strong benefits.
To apply to this position, email a resume of your background and qualifications to:
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Next Energy Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.