Synthesis and characterization of new inorganic transition metal oxides with interesting and useful electronic and magnetic properties.
GPA: 3.5 min
- General Chemistry with grade A
- Inorganic Chemistry with grade A
Current Undergraduate Researchers
Publications with Undergraduate Co-authors (undergrad. Student’s name underlined)
- Effects of vacancy concentration on the magnetic and transport properties of (La1-xPbx)1_y yMnO3 ,Guerman Popov, Jacob Goldsmith, and Martha Greenblatt, J. Solid State Chem., 175, 52-58 (2003).
- Electronic, Magnetic, and Magnetoresistance Properties of the Ruddlesden-Popper n =2 Phases, Sr3Fe2-xCoxO7-δ (0.25 <= x <= 1.75). G. Veith, Rongji Chen, G. Popov, Y. Shokh, M. Croft, and Martha Greenblatt. J. Solid State Chem,. 166, 292-304 (2002).
- Properties of the Electronically-Doped Layered La2-2xCa1+2xMn2O7 (0.6 <= x <= 1.0). I. D. Fawcett, Eungsoo Kim, M. Greenblatt, M. Croft and L. Bendersky, Phys Rev. B62, 6485-95 (2000).