Jack Aviv Biothermodynamics Symposium
The Calorimetry Conference is honored and privileged to convene a special memorial symposium celebrating the life and legacy of Jack Aviv, a beloved friend and cherished colleague who served as our most ardent advocate and generous benefactor. As the Founder and President of Aviv Biomedical, Jack established an unparalleled reputation in the field of spectroscopy by designing and fabricating state-of-the-art analytical instrumentation that has allowed researchers to explore new frontiers at the interface of biology, chemistry, and medicine. Serving the international scientific community for over five decades, Aviv Biomedical is synonymous with technological innovation and specialization while its product line is widely regarded as the gold standard in spectrophotometry. As an acknowledged expert and leader in the field, Jack's contributions to spectroscopic characterization of biological macromolecules are innumerable and legendary. Jack Aviv is fondly remembered amongst his peers as an educator, innovator, mentor, and philanthropist who forged lifelong friendships within the scientific community.
The Calorimetry Conference is grateful for Jack's distinguished service as a Board Member and his unwavering dedication to our collective vision of assembling a collegial fraternity comprised of prominent scientists within their respective fields. We are particularly indebted to Jack for his active role in nurturing and recruiting young scientists at the outset of their professional careers. Jack's philanthropic nature is manifest in his generous and longtime support of the William F. Giauque and Stig Sunner Memorial Awards that highlight the achievements of aspiring investigators. In recognition of his lifelong service to the scientific community, The Calorimetry Conference is honored to convene the Jack Aviv Biothermodynamics Symposium at our Seventy Second Annual Meeting in Colorado Springs. The Board of Directors is pleased to announce that Florence and Debi Aviv will serve as Honorary Symposium Co-Chairs while Professor Kenneth J. Breslauer will present the Keynote Lecture. We cordially welcome you to join us in celebrating the enduring personal and scientific legacy of Jack Aviv, a cherished friend and colleague whose lifetime achievements merit special recognition.
- Conceição A. Minetti - Rutgers University
- David P. Remeta - Rutgers University
- Florence Aviv - Aviv Biomedical, Inc.
- Debi Aviv - Aviv Biomedical, Inc.
- Prof. Kenneth J. Breslauer, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey · USA
- Prof. Matthew T. Auton, Mayo Clinic · Rochester, Minnesota · USA
- Prof. Barbara Brodsky, Tufts University · Medford, Massacusetts · USA
- Prof. Jonathan B. Chaires, University of Louisville · Louisville, Kentucky · USA
- Prof. Richard M. Epand, McMaster University · Hamilton, Ontario · Canada
- Dr. Verna Frasca, Malvern Instruments · Northampton, Massachusetts · USA
- Prof. Bertrand García-Moreno, The Johns Hopkins University · Baltimore, Maryland · USA
- Prof. Norma M. Greenfield, Rutgers University · Piscataway, New Jersey · USA
- Prof. Robert W. Janes, Queen Mary University of London · London · United Kingdom
- Prof. Susan Pedigo, University of Mississippi · University, Mississippi · USA
- Dr. Glen Ramsay, Aviv Biomedical, Inc. · Lakewood, New Jersey · USA
- Dr. Peter W. Schuck, National Institutes of Health · Bethesda, Maryland · USA
- Prof. Bonnie Ann Wallace, Birkbeck College · University of London · London · United Kingdom
- Prof. Steve Whitten, Texas State University · San Marcos, Texas · USA
- Prof. Shuguang Zhang, Massachusetts Institute of Technology · Cambridge, Massachusetts · USA