"DNA Nanostructures-Templated Proximity Assembly and Confinement of Biochemical Reactions"
Cellular functions rely on a series of organized and regulated multienzyme cascade reactions. The catalytic efficiency of multienzyme complexes depends on the spatial organization of composite components which are precisely controlled to facilitate substrate transport and regulate activities. If these cellular mechanisms can be mimicked and translated to a non-living artificial system, it can be useful in a broad range of applications that will bring significant scientific and economic impact. Self-assembled DNA nanostructures are promising to organize biomolecular components into prescribed, multi-dimensional patterns. Here, we described a robust strategy for DNA-scaffolded assembly and confinement of biochemical reactions. DNA nanostructures are exploited to organize spatial arrangements of multienzyme cascades with control over their relative distance, substrate diffusion paths, compartmentalization and functional actuation. The combination of addressable DNA assembly and multienzyme cascades promises to deliver breakthroughs toward the engineering of novel biomimetic reactors, which have great potential for broad applications from chemical synthesis, functional biomaterials and biofuel production to therapeutics and diagnosis.
- Jinglin Fu, Sung Won Oh, Kristin Monckton, Georgia Arbuckle-Keil, Yonggang Ke and Ting Zhang Small 2019, 15(26):1900256.
- Sung Won Oh, Adriana Pereira, Ting Zhang and Jinglin Fu Angewandte Chemie 2018, 57, 13086-13090.
- Jinglin Fu, Renee Yang, Soma Dhakal, Zhao Zhao, Minghui Liu, Ting Zhang, Nils Walter and Hao Yan Nature Protocols 2016, 11, 2243–2273.
- Jinglin Fu, Yuhe Renee Yang, Alexander Johnson-Buck, Minghui Liu, Yan Liu, Nils G. Walter, Neal W. Woodbury and Hao Yan Nature Nanotechnology 2014, 9, 531–536.
- Minghui Liu, Jinglin Fu, Christian Hejesen, Yuhe Yang, Neal W. Woodbury, Kurt Gothelf, Yan Liu and Hao Yan Nature Communications 2013, 4:2127.
~Coffee/tea will be served prior to lecture~