Some benefits of Zoom include:
- High-quality video and audio support for up to 300 concurrent participants for students and 500 participants for faculty and staff
- Ability to customize your own virtual backgrounds during a Zoom meeting
- Easy-to-use tools such as Whiteboard and Annotate to share and collaborate with others
- Breakout rooms allowing you to split your Zoom meeting into as many as 50 separate sessions
Activating a Zoom account
- Log into the NetID Management & Service Activation page and look for the Service Activation section.
- Check the box that says Rutgers Zoom Zoom Meetings. Depending on your role, you will see either "with HIPAA support" or “NOT for RESTRICTED data controlled by HIPAA or other regulations.”
- Select Activate Services at the bottom of the page. It may take up to an hour for you to be able to access your Zoom account.
- You can access your account by navigating to https://rutgers.zoom.us/ and selecting Sign in.
For users who already have Zoom accounts, please review this article for instructions.
- Zoom Help Desk: https://sas-it.rutgers.edu/workorder
- Quick Start Guide for New Users
- Zoom at Rutgers FAQs
- Scheduling Zoom Meetings
- Managing Breakout Rooms
- SAS Video Conferencing Support
- When you name Webex meetings, please be as informative and descriptive as you can. You probably have countless events named "Webex Meeting” on your calendar right now. Descriptive meeting names will allow you and your attendees to stay organized and on schedule.
- If you are in a meeting with a large group of people (think 20+), mute yourself while you aren’t talking to prevent feedback.
- Because video is the biggest consumer of bandwidth, only use it if necessary. You can use Webex for audio only or mute yourself/turn off your camera while you aren’t speaking.