Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology
Rutgers, the State University of new Jersey
610 Taylor Road
Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Room No. 138, Department of Chemical & Biochemical Engineering
School of Engineering, C-Wing, Busch Campus
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
98 Brett Road
Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
- Professor, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Rutgers University
- Professor, Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Rutgers University
- Interim Director, The Rutgers Catalysis Research Center
- Member, Institute for Materials, Devices and Nanotechnology
- Member, Rutgers Energy Institute
- Professor, Rutgers University (2015 - Date)
- Associate Professor, Rutgers University (2009 - 2015)
- Assistant Professor, Syracuse University (2005 - 2009)
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, McGill University, 2003-2005
- Ph.D. University of Toronto, 2002
- M.Sc. State University of New York at Buffalo, 1998
- B.Sc. (with Distinction), Addis Ababa University, 1992
Awards and Fellowships:
- Highly Cited Researcher (Top 1% in All Fields), In 2018 and 2019, https://recognition.webofsciencegroup.com/awards/highly-cited/2019/
- Associate Editor, Science Advances (A sister journal of Science, published by AAAS); 2019–Date.
- Visiting Research Fellow, Institute of Scientific Instruments (ISI), Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic, Summer 2019.
- Lectureship at Zhou Huijiu Forum, School of Materials Science and Engineering, Xi'an Jiaotong University, Xi'an, China; June 2019.
- Board Member, Frontiers of Chemical Science and Engineering, Springer; 2018–Date.
- Advisory Committee Member for the 3rd International Symposium on Energy and Environmental Photocatalytic Materials (EEPM3), Kraków, Poland; Spring, 2018.
- Scientific Advisory Board Member for the journal - Materials Today Nano, Elsevier; 2017–Date.
- Scientific Advisory Board Member for the journal - Small Methods, Wiley; 2017-Date.
- Guest Editor, Special Issue, Frontiers of Chemical Science and Engineering (FCSE), Springer; 2017–2018.
- Visiting Professor, Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, ETH Zürich, Switzerland; Spring 2016.
- CNPq Science Without Borders Fellowships for Visiting Professorship, Brazil; 2014–2017.
- Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) Fellowship for Visiting Professorship, Switzerland; 2015–2016.
- Visiting Professor, Department of Chemistry, Maringá State University, Maringá, Paraná State, Brazil; 2014–2017.
- Visiting Professor, Department of Chemistry, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan; Fall 2014.
- Guest Lecturer, School of Materials Science and Engineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou, China; June 2013.
- Rutgers Board of Trustees Research Fellowships for Scholarly Excellence; 2012
- NSF-CBET, NanoEHS Award; 2011–2014
- NSF Special Creativity Award; 2011–2013
- NSF-DMR, American Competitiveness and Innovation (ACI) Fellow, One of the 10 National Awardees for 2010.
- International Advisory Board Member for International Symposium of Nanoporous Materials; 2007–Date.
- NSF CAREER Award; 2007–2012
- NSF Grant, Division of Materials Research (DMR); 2008–2011
- Miller Postdoctoral Fellow Nominee, University of California at Berkeley; 2002
- University of Toronto Open Fellowships; 1999–2002
- Fulbright Fellow, University of Delaware and State University of New York at Buffalo; 1996–1998
- Dean's List and Distinction Graduate; 1989–1992